Reaper bag (PDF pattern only)
THIS IS A PDF FILE ONLY, NOT A PHYSICAL BAG.
This is a digital download PDF pattern for the Reaper Bag. The Reaper bag is an intermediate pattern with unique skull shape and can be made as a crossbody or backpack. An industrial machine is recommended if making this bag in all vinyl as the pattern is written, but woven modifications can be made to make it more domestic friendly. This pattern uses the binding method and has an interior zip pocket and slip pocket. The pattern includes detailed step by step instructions with full color images accompanying each step. Although all steps are clearly described, it is recommended that you have previous experience with easing gussets, binding and piping. This pattern is only available in English.
Finished size is approximately 12″W x 13″T x 3″D.
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
YouTube tutorials are permitted, but please read pattern terms before posting a video tutorial. Sharing/distributing this pattern is strictly prohibited. You may sell your makes on a small scale, but no mass production is allowed.
- 1yrd exterior vinyl
- 1yrd WPC or woven lining fabric (plus interfacing if using woven fabric)
- 1/2yrd sew in foam
- 1/4yrd decovil heavy
- 3yrds piping cord (pattern uses 3mm cotton cord)
- 3yrds bias tape for binding (pattern uses premade 1″ double fold bias tape, but any preferred material for binding will work)
- #5 zipper tape, about 30″ total
- #5 zipper pulls x3
- 1″ D rings x2 (for crossbody)
- 1″ rectangle rings x2 (for backpack)
- 1″ wide mouth triglide (x1 for crossbody, x2 for backpack)
- 8mm or 10mm double cap rivets x6 (plus punch and setting tools)
- optional: 1″ webbing, 1″ strap ends
- quality fabric scissors
- DST (pattern uses 1/8 and 3/8 DST)
- basting spray
- quilting ruler
- rotary cutter
- chalk pencil and FriXion pen
- iron and ironing board/mat
- sewing clips/binder clips
- stapler and staple remover/pliers
- magic eraser/dry cloth for removing chalk lines
- newspaper or cardboard for protecting work surface
- lighter/fray check
- optional: seam roller, pinking shears, stiletto tool
Cart does not hold